Teodora Petkova and I had a fascinating discussion about the ways web writing is shaping how consumers, creatives, and marketers are both creating and consuming on the web. Her excellent book The Brave New Text: Perspectives on Web Writing offers some helpful food for thought on our intertextual nature and the beautiful dynamics of the semantic networks created by our texts online.
About the Book: The Brave New Text is a collection of essays with perspectives on web writing. With eyes wide open to our intertextual nature, it looks at texts and the beautiful dynamics of the semantic networks they create and are created by online.
The Brave New Text talks about textuality as the transformative power that augments and enhances the way we communicate, exchange, experience, and explore thoughts, ideas, goods.
The book is meant to inspire you to look at web writing and text anew. Each essay thinks through the webby word from the perspectives of semantic technologies, intertextuality, and knowledge discovery. It is also an invitation to see texts on the web as webs themselves, as processes that change us, word by word, link by link.
Use The Brave New Text as a:
- Conceptual tool – to gain a deeper understanding of how the Semantic Web is transforming the way we create and consume content.
- Peephole – to peek into some possible and plausible futures of content writing.
- Magnifying glass – to see text on the web in its tiniest detail and principles.
- Starting point of your own roadmap towards your best web writing practices.
About the Author: Teodora Petkova is a philologist fascinated by the metamorphoses of text on the Web, who is endlessly curious about the ways the Semantic Web unfolds. Currently, she is a PhD student at the Sofia University, exploring how content writing is changing, changing us, and the way we think, write, and live.
Connect with Teodora Petkova:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love: If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.