Today on the podcast I’m joined by Robert Bly, who can fairly be called one of the godfathers of the modern copywriting movement. We talk about his early days as a chemical engineering student and college newspaper feature writer and the journey that led him to become a renowned marketer and copywriter. We discuss the ways copywriting has changed through the years and the strategies required to be successful in today’s multi-channel marketing environment. Be sure to grab a copy of the 4th edition of Bob’s trusted book The Copywriter’s Handbook: A Step-by-Step Guide to Writing Copy That Sells. It’s a resource that will pay dividends for many years to come.
About the Book: This is a book for everyone who writes or approves copy: copywriters, multichannel marketers, creative directors, freelance writers, marketing managers . . . even small business owners and information marketers. It reveals dozens of copywriting techniques that can help you write both print and online ads, emails, and websites that are clear, persuasive, and get more attention―and sell more products.
Among the tips revealed:
* 8 headlines that work–and how to use them
* The 5-step “Motivating Sequence” for generating more sales and profits
* 10 tips for boosting landing page conversion rates
* 15 techniques to ensure your emails get high open and click-through rates
* How to create powerful “lead magnets” that double response rates
* The “4 S” formula for making your copy clear, concise, and compelling
This thoroughly revised fourth edition includes all new essential information for mastering copywriting in the digital age, including advice on content marketing, online videos, and high-conversion landing pages, as well as entirely updated resources.
Now more indispensable than ever, Robert W. Bly’s The Copywriter’s Handbook remains the ultimate guide for people who write or work with copy.
About the Author: Robert W. Bly is a freelance copywriter specializing in business-to-business, digital, and direct marketing. He is the author of 100 books, including The Copywriter’s Handbook, Secrets of a Freelance Writer, and Selling Your Services, and has appeared on CNBC and CBS’s Hard Copy. He lives in Montville, NJ.
Connect with Robert Bly:
Subscribe to the Podcast: The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love: If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.