Retired Navy SEAL and New York Times best-selling author Jason Redman joins me on the podcast to explain how you can triumph over the adversity in your life by using the habits and mindsets employed by America’s toughest warriors.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
About the Book: Adversity can often catch you by surprise and leave you struggling with what to do next. What if you could confront any adversity, from the biggest challenges — the loss of your job, divorce, health issues, bankruptcy — to normal daily challenges — a late flight, a disappointing phone call, a missed promotion, a bad day — and not just survive it, but thrive afterward?
Redman was horrifically wounded in Iraq in 2007 when he was shot at close range through the face and arm. After 40 surgeries, including extensive facial reconstruction and skin grafts, he came back from this experience stronger than ever — despite carrying scars and injuries he will have for the rest of his life. Redman went on to launch two successful companies and speaks all over the country on how to build better leaders through his Overcome mindset.
Overcome is based on extensive research and interviews with America’s toughest warriors, including retired 4-star Admiral William McRaven, retired Navy SEAL Jocko Willink, retired 4-star General Stanley McChrystal, and others. In this book, Redman teaches:
- How to survive any life ambush
- How to move from defense to offense using the proactive techniques of SEAL teams
- How to strengthen your endurance during long-term trials
- How to rediscover and thrive in your life purpose
- How to lead your team (whether in business or family) to success
- How to compete with the top 1% in your field
- How to stay the course even when you want to quit
- And more
Some people move through adversity and others fall underneath it. Learn how you can be counted among those who will Overcome.
About Jason Redman: Jason Redman is a retired Navy Lieutenant who spent eleven years as an enlisted Navy SEAL, and almost ten years as a SEAL officer. He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with Valor, the Purple Heart, the Defense Meritorious Service Medal, the Navy Commendation Medal, the Joint Service Achievement Medal, five Navy Achievement Medals, and two Combat Action Ribbons. After being severely wounded in Iraq in 2007, Redman returned to active duty before retiring in 2013. He is the founder of the Combat Wounded Coalition, a nonprofit corporation that inspires warriors to overcome adversity through clothing, leadership courses, events, and opportunities. He speaks about motivation and leadership across the country. He is the author of the New York Times bestselling memoir The Trident. He lives with his family in Virginia.
Connect with Jason Redman:
Books by Jason Redman:
Subscribe to the Podcast: The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love: If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.