Do you ever wonder how some brands are able to generate word-of-mouth buzz and radical devotion to their products? In this interview, David Meeman Scott and I look at a diverse range of products including batteries, auto insurance, a rock band, and believe it or not underwear. We examine how these brands are able to generate an unprecedented amount of enthusiasm and devotion for their products. No matter what industry you’re in, I’m confident this conversation will spark an idea for building a rabid fanbase around your products and services.
About the Book: How do some brands attract word-of-mouth buzz and radical devotion around products as everyday as car insurance, b2b software, and underwear? They embody the most powerful marketing force in the world: die-hard fans.
In this essential book, leading business growth strategist David Meerman Scott and fandom expert Reiko Scott explore the neuroscience of fandom and interview young entrepreneurs, veteran business owners, startup founders, nonprofits, and companies big and small to pinpoint which practices separate organizations that flourish from those stuck in stagnation. They lay out a road map for converting customers’ ardor into buying power, pulling one-of-a-kind examples from a wide range of organizations, including:
· MeUndies, the subscription company that’s revolutionizing underwear
· HeadCount, the nonprofit that registers voters at music concerts
· Grain Surfboards, the board-building studio that willingly reveals its trade secrets with customers
· Hagerty, the classic-car insurance provider with over 600,000 premier club members
· HubSpot, the software company that draws 25,000 attendees to its annual conference
For anyone who seeks to harness the force of fandom to revolutionize his or her business, Fanocracy shows the way.
About the Author: David Meerman Scott is an internationally acclaimed business strategist, entrepreneur, advisor to emerging companies, and public speaker. He is the author of ten previous books, including The New Rules of Marketing & PR (now in its 7th edition and in 29 languages) and Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead. In his spare time, he surfs and travels around the world for great live music.
Books by David Meerman Scott:
Subscribe to the Podcast: The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love: If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.