I’m honored to welcome Clay Scroggins to the show to share a few of the life-altering habits he’s implemented in his own life to build space for emotional evaluation and exploration. These helpful practices will empower you to replace the chaos of your busy days with emotional competence and awareness that leads to a calmer, more fulfilling life.
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
About the Book: While many leaders have learned to tune out distractions that keep them from being productive, they remain deaf to their inner desires and emotions. In How to Lead in a World of Distraction, Clay Scroggins teaches leaders four simple habits that create space for emotional evaluation and exploration. These helpful practices will empower leaders to replace the chaos of their busy days with emotional competence and awareness that leads to a calmer, more fulfilling life.
You’ll learn how to incorporate four noise-canceling habits into your daily life–finding simplicity, speaking to yourself, getting quiet, and pressing pause–that will make you mindful and aware of the vital inner desires that need your attention. Transforming the toxic cocktail of emotional distraction starts with emotional awareness–being able to identify and understand your emotions–which ultimately leads to emotional healing and transformed leadership. And it all starts here.
How to Lead in a World of Distraction:
- Teaches leaders four simple habits that create space for emotional evaluation and exploration
- Empowers leaders to replace the emotional chaos in their increasingly busy days with an emotional awareness that will lead to a calmer, more fulfilling life
- Encourages leaders to fully embrace tangible steps each day until emotional distractions–the numbing nature of entertainment and social media and the urgency of the daily grind–are permanently replaced by calm, effective, and gratifying leadership
About the Author: Clay Scroggins is the lead pastor of North Point Community Church, providing visionary and directional leadership for all of the local church staff and congregation. As the original and largest campus of North Point Ministries, ranked by Outreach Magazine in 2014 as the Largest Church in America, NPCC averages over 12,000 people in attendance. Clay works for Andy Stanley, one of the greatest leaders on the planet, and understands firsthand how to manage the tension of leading when you’re not in charge.
Starting out as a facilities intern (a.k.a. Vice-President of Nothing), he has worked his way through many organizational levels of North Point Ministries and knows all too well the challenge of authority deprivation. Clay holds a degree in Industrial Engineering from Georgia Tech as well as a Master’s degree and doctorate with an emphasis in Online Church from Dallas Theological Seminary. He lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with his wife, Jenny, and their five children.
Connect with Clay:
Books by Clay Scroggins:
Subscribe to the Podcast: The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love: If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2019. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.