Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! In this episode I speak with Tom Doyle about his book Standing in the Fire: Courageous Christians Living in Frightening Times.
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here are the questions Tom and I discuss in the interview:
- First off Tom, let’s help the listeners get to know you a bit better. Tell us the elevator pitch version of the Tom Doyle origin story. (00:39 – 02:49)
- Next tell us how you and your wife JoAnn first got started working in the MIddle East. (02:50 – 04:44)
- One needs to simply turn on the television or access social media to find news of terrorism and the persecution of Christians taking place all across the globe. From your vantage point, is it as bad as the news suggests or is it far worse? (04:45 – 06:55)
- Tom, introduce us to some of the Christian’s we’re going to encounter in the pages of Standing in the Fire and share a few of their stories with us. (06:56 – 11:17)
- How do Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego serve as an example for what it looks like for followers of Christ to stand courageously for their faith rather than merely surviving in a climate of fear? (11:18 – 13:14)
- Is Christian persecution coming to the U.S.? (13:15 – 15:40)
- How should American Christians respond to the global persecution of Christians? (15:41 – 18:37)
- What do you think has been the greatest trial for you personally in spending so much time in the Middle East. (18:38 – 20:23)
- Tom, as you think of readers getting to the final page of Standing in the Fire, what do you most hope they take away from interacting with your book? (20:24 – 25:59)
- Tom, I know many of my listeners are going to want to find out more, so tell us where we can connect with you online and get our own copy of Standing in the Fire? (26:00 – 27:49)
About the Book: Followers of Christ need to relearn what it means to stand courageously for their faith rather than merely survive in a climate of fear. Instead of motivating believers to action, today’s headlines appear to be paralyzing them. Standing in the Fire demonstrates the church triumphant through the lives of people who stood strong and didn’t run away in the face of overwhelming danger. These Middle Eastern heroes of faith fear God more than terrorist groups like ISIS. Supported by Tom Doyle’s commentary on events, the stories included show how these Christians are not living as victims, but victors in Christ.
About the Author: Tom Doyle, Vice President and Middle East-Central Asia Director for e3 Partners based in Dallas, Texas, and author of four books including Dreams & Visions and Killing Christians.
Connect with Tom:
Order your copy of Standing in the Fire:
Did you enjoy my interview with Tom Doyle? My friends at Audible would like to give you the Standing in the Fire audiobook for free! Visit AudibleTrial.com/Shaun to claim your free audiobook download and 30-day free trial of their outstanding service.
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.