Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I sit down with Christian music artist Steven Curtis Chapman to talk about his brand new book Between Heaven and the Real World: My Story (Revell, 2017).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s the ground we cover in this episode:
- First off Steven, tell us why this current phase of life was the right season for you to work on this book? (00:37 – 03:26)
- What is significant for you about the title Between Heaven and the Real World? Why did you choose that? (03:27 – 08:54)
- I’m always fascinated when a creative person moves between different forms of expression. How does the experience of writing a book compare to writing music? (08:55 – 12:55)
- What part of the book was easiest to write? (12:56 – 14:40)
- What’s something that you realized about your journey as you were trying to tell your story in this new, much longer form way? (14:41 – 16:23)
- You are very vocal about adoption. Tell us about your ministry Show Hope and why adoption advocacy is so near and dear to your heart and to your family’s? (16:24 – 19:21)
- Steven, when readers get to the last page of Between Heaven and the Real World, what do you hope they’ve learned from your story and what do you most hope they take away from reading the book? (19:22 – 21:41)
- Steven, if the listeners want to find out more about you, your music, and your brand new book, where should they go on the web? (21:42 – 22:12)
About the Book: For decades, Steven Curtis Chapman’s music and message have brought hope and inspiration to millions. Now, for the first time, Steven openly shares the experiences that have shaped him, his faith, his family, and his music in a life that has included incredible highs and faith-shaking lows.
From childhood, music has been both a refuge and a release for Steven. With humor and humility, he offers a backstage look at his early days on the road and his wild ride to the top of the charts. Discover the stories behind some of his best-loved songs. Walk with him as he and his wife, Mary Beth, navigate the joys and trials of marriage and family. Cheer for his return to the stage after doubting he could ever sing again. And SEE God in the aftermath of the tragic death of their five-year-old daughter Maria.
Poignant, gut-wrenchingly honest, yet always hopeful, Steven offers no sugary solutions to life’s toughest questions. Yet out of the brokenness, he continues to trust God to one day fix what is unfixable in the space between heaven and the real world.
About the Author: Steven Curtis Chapman is a Christian music icon with over 11 million records sold, 58 Dove Awards, 5 Grammys, an American Music Award, and 48 career #1 radio singles. He’s been featured on Good Morning America, CNN, MSNBC, CBS Sunday Morning, FOX & Friends, The Today Show, The Tonight Show, in People, Billboard, Parents Magazine, and countless others. He and his wife, Mary Beth, have six children and live in Nashville, Tennessee.
Connect with Steven:
Order your copy of Between Heaven and the Real World:
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.