Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Darren Wilson joins us again today to share about his new book God Adventures: Don’t Settle for Less than Experiencing More and his new TV series Adventures with God.
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s what you’ll learn in today’s interview:
- Darren looks back on what was most memorable in 2016. (00:35 – 2:11)
- God adventures is Darren’s 3rd book. He explains why this was the right season for another Darren Wilson book to come to life. (02:12 – 03:40)
- Every writing project is its own unique journey. Darren shares what he learned while writing God Adventures. (03:41 – 05:33)
- Darren shares what readers of his previous books Filming God and Finding God in the Bible will be most surprised by when they pick up God Adventures. (05:34 – 07:37)
- People are sometimes weirded out by what they encounter in the first 15 minutes of Finger of God. Darren shares how those infamous opening scenes demonstrate that God is mysteriously good. (07:38 – 11:08)
- The faith journey is a mix of building a grid or worldview and experiencing God as the supernatural breaks through into the natural. Darren shares how God is supernaturally interactive? (11:09 – 13:51)
- God’s light shine brightest in the darkest places. Darren shares how God is untaintable? (13:52 – 17:22)
- What do you hope every reader takes away from their time spent reading God Encounters? (17:23 – 18:34)
- Darren has a brand new TV series called Adventures with God. He gives us a window into the new adventures that await us. (18:35 – 20:15)
- Darren introduces us to some of the people that we’ll get to meet on these new adventures. (20:16 – 21:09)
- Darren gives a rundown of the many places you can download and stream Adventures with God. (21:10 – 22:03)
- 2017 will be a year of several new TV shows from WP Films. Darren gives a sneak peek at some of the projects he’s currently working on (22:04 – 23:00)
- Darren shares what stands out most as he looks back on the journey he’s been on over the past 10 years. (23:01 – 24:19)
- Where to go online to connect with Darren and pick up God Adventures and watch Adventures with God. (24:20 – 24:38)
About the Book: For many people, Christianity has become an institution of rules, duty, and potlucks. But for filmmaker Darren Wilson, his life of cultural Christianity changed radically when a powerful encounter with God led him to begin making films that attempted to display the God of the Bible in living color. What happened over the next ten years has affected millions around the world, and has set fires ablaze in hearts that have long sat dormant.
God Adventures is an honest and compelling book about the events surrounding the making of these powerful films (Finger of God, Furious Love, Father of Lights, Holy Ghost, and Holy Ghost Reborn), and is designed to take you into a deeper, more fulfilling and, yes, riskier relationship with God.
Like Darren’s films, this book focuses on:
- God’s miraculous power and overpowering love.
- A Father desperately pursuing His children.
- The often misunderstood third Person of the Trinity and His relationship to the modern believer.
- God’s dominance over other gods and supernatural powers.
- How the Holy Spirit wants to use everyone to bring change and healing to the world, not just professional ministers.
Christianity was never meant to be a social club—it was meant to change the world. God Adventures provides biblical insight for the supernatural occurrences documented in Darren’s films, along with behind-the-scenes stories that will inspire, engage, and challenge you to not settle for less than experiencing all of God.
About the Author: Darren Wilson is the Founder of Wanderlust Productions, a film/television production company that focuses on creating media that creatively and powerfully advances the kingdom of God around the world. Darren’s films have been seen by millions around the world. His first five films, Finger of God, Furious Love, Father of Lights, Holy Ghost, and Holy Ghost Reborn have helped change the spiritual temperature of the worldwide church. He is currently working on a new film and a variety of television shows. Darren has also written two books, Filming God, which details his journey out of skepticism into faith in the supernatural; and his latest, Finding God in the Bible, which is a book about friendship with God. He also has a regular blog for Charisma Magazine called Behind the Lens, where he writes about current events, spiritual questions, and the entertainment industry. Devon Franklin, VP of Production for Columbia Pictures, calls Darren “one of the most innovative filmmakers and authors of faith today.” Darren lives with his wife, Jenell, and their three children, Serenity, Stryder, and River in Greenville, SC.
Connect with Darren:
Order your copy of God Adventures:
The Shaun Tabatt Show Episode 10 – Ken Shamrock’s Greatest Fight
Author Talks Episode 103 – Holy Ghost
Author Talks Episode 62 – Anointed Fighters
Author Talks Episode 43 – Finding God in the Bible
Author Talks Episode 19 – Filming God
Join the e-mail list:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.