Welcome to The Shaun Tabatt Show! Today I speak with Kelly Balarie about her new book Fear Fighting: Awakening Courage to Overcome Your Fears (Baker Books, 2017).
- Listen to it on iTunes
- Stream by clicking here
- Download as MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “Save Link As”
Here’s what you’ll learn in this interview:
- The Kelly Balarie origin story. (00:38-02:01)
- How and when the ideas behind Fear Fighting began to take shape. (02:02-03:38)
- The secret Kelly learned to successfully fight fear. (03:39-06:12)
- Kelly shares about her personal struggle with depression and how it impacted her life. (06:13-07:37)
- The importance of daily bravery decrees for renewing your mind. (07:38-9:07)
- The 8 fear-inducers that plague women. (09:08-10:51)
- Kelly shares about the role prayer has played in her fear fighting journey. (10:52-12:41)
- The one thing Kelly would like every read to take away from Fear Fighting. (12:42-13:12)
- Kelly shares her vision for how she’d like to see women use the Fear Fighting book and study guide in small groups and Bible studies. (13:13-14:16)
- Where to find Kelly on the web and pick up your very own copy of Fear Fighting. (14:17-14:40)
About the Book: We all live with fear. It hangs around, whispering in our ears, reminding us of all we can’t do or will never be. But that’s not the end of the story. We also have a God who draws close to say, Fear not. I am with you. This Spirit transforms us into fear fighters–women breaking free of trepidation to find bold dedication to God’s peace-, purpose-, and joy-filled callings.
With remarkable compassion born from personal experience, Kelly Balarie shows women how to:
- Cultivate unstoppable faith by harnessing God’s Word and promptings
- Usher in lasting peace through prayers that reduce panic, blood pressure, and stress
- Discover clear and immediate action plans to exchange worry for God’s greatest gifts
- Implement daily bravery decrees to stand armed throughout the day
- Participate in a twelve-week study guide to foster new courageous habits
Kelly pulls back the curtain of fear so you can find the beautiful woman God created you to be.
About the Author: Kelly Balarie has lived her subject matter. Her faith was built as she battled through an eating disorder, depression, serious health concerns, company failures, family tragedies, job losses, and times without income. Throughout it all, Kelly has looked past the pain to pursue God’s always-unfolding plan. Kelly is a featured blogger at Crosswalk.com and iBelieve.com. Her work has been featured on Relevant, (in)courage.me, and Today’s Christian Woman. She lives with her husband and two toddlers near the sun-soaked shores of the East Coast.
Connect with Kelly:
Order your copy of Fear Fighting today:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
- Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
Share the Love:
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.