Somewhere along the way, you got distracted. As much as you multitask, love your devices, and feel like you’re in control, deep down you know that something is off. Shortened attention spans, declines in critical thinking, lack of sleep, self-doubt, and decreased creativity are just some of the effects coming to light in an age of digital distraction. Brian Solis is your guide to undertaking a journey of self-discovery and growth to begin experiencing the life you’ve always dreamed of.
About the Book: Lifescale is a journey of self-discovery and growth. It’s about getting back into balance and remastering our destinies. Author Brian Solis knows first-hand. He struggled with distraction and all of its ill-effects. To get his life back, he developed a set of techniques, exercises, and thought experiments designed to tame the chaos, and positively and productively navigate our day-to-day lives. Instead of falling victim to the never-ending cycle of newsfeeds, Likes, addictive apps, and boredom scrolling (aka the endless scroll), we can learn to manage our time and inspire our own lives in a way that will bring meaning back―without sacrificing the benefits that our devices bring us.
In Lifescale, Brian has done the legwork to pull together scientific findings and practical tools into one book. Readers―especially those who are distracted―will connect with the humor, pathos, and inspiration inside. Using this book’s simple but powerful lessons, we can:
- Identify sources of distraction and turn attention toward creativity and productivity
- Understand and resist the manipulative techniques that turn us into digital addicts
- Find meaning and purpose to guide our time in more meaningful ways
- Visualize future success to successfully dive into deep work and stop procrastinating
- Break bad habits, establish rituals, and establish routines that help you achieve goals
- Nurture imagination and learn to express ourselves more artistically
- Maximize productivity with simple but effective strategies
- Focus for extended periods and make breaks more restorative
- Foster a strong sense of purpose in life and identify the steps needed to bring it to life every day
- Smile more and build self-esteem
With the renewed perspective Lifescale offers, we can finally learn to prioritize what matters, and live our digital and physical lives with intention and true happiness.
About the Author: Brian Solis is a globally recognized independent digital analyst and anthropologist. He is also an award-winning author, prominent blogger/writer, and world-renowned keynote speaker. He serves as the Global Innovation Evangelist at Salesforce, the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). His work at Salesforce focuses on thought leadership and research that explores digital transformation, innovation and disruption, CX, commerce, and the cognitive enterprise. Brian has been called “one of the greatest digital analysts of our time.”
Connect with Brian Solis:
Books by Brian Solis:
Subscribe to the Podcast:
The Shaun Tabatt Show is syndicated over a wide range of distribution networks. Choose your favorite and subscribe.
- Click Here to Subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
- Click Here to Subscribe via Stitcher Radio
- Click Here to Subscribe via Player FM
- Click Here to Subscribe via TuneIn
- Click Here to Subscribe via Google Play
- Click Here to Subscribe via Overcast
- Click Here to Subscribe via Spotify
- Click Here Subscribe Via iHeartRadio
Share the Love: If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on Apple Podcasts and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show.
© Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com, 2020. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Shaun Tabatt and ShaunTabatt.com with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.